Thursday, February 11, 2010

Compliments

11 February 2010
So finally… Finally!! I finally gave a stranger a compliment! Yay! Well actually I gave two people compliments. The first was a lady wearing a cowboy hat pin on her blouse. It was big red and shiny. It caught my eye and I said “wow that’s a pretty cool pin you have. Where did you get it?” She looked down and touched and said “well I don’t remember where I got it but thank you” It made me smile as it did her. It felt good to make a stranger smile like that. Then later there was this older man who was looking to check out. I walked up to him and said she “as in Pam” would be happy to check him out. I walked him over and I said something along the lines of “here we go check stand number one for our number one customers” and his eyes lit up and he smiled all sorts of big and we continued to have a conversation. I learned he is a great grandfather. He has lots of children grand children and great grand children. His great grand daughter is 21 and is about to make him a great great grand father and he still feels young even though he is in his eighties. I told him he doesn’t even look old enough to be in his eighties. It was a nice conversation. I guess it wasn’t as scary as I thought. So I’m getting there. The first few steps are hard but I hope with an honest effort and practice I will soon be on my way to a better me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment