Sunday, July 3, 2011

A new day

July 3, 2011: 2:29am
So it has been well over a year since I have written any type of blog. Well actually it’s been a while since I have written anything that does not involve something technical for my GIS classes. I feel out of place, rusty and full of insecurities. My grammar and spelling show a lack of practice. The words don’t seem to flow like they used to. Every sentence seems like a battle.
So why now, we ask? Is it because I need to vent? Is it because I need to tell someone who really isn’t listening a deep dark secret that has been troubling me for most of my adult life, Or am I just bored silly at 2 O’clock in the morning and I have nothing better to do? I would say none of the above, or maybe all of it. I don’t really know why I have the sudden urge to tell this silly computer what I do in my spare time.
Back then my blog had a purpose. I used it to work out some of the things that were bothering me at that point in my life. That point is so much different than where I am right now. I was reading some of my older posts and couldn’t help but laugh at myself. If I could only show myself a glimpse of the future I wouldn’t believe where I am right now.
Where am I right now? Well, I still live at my parent’s house, even though I have owned my own house since September 2010. Do I have a fear of leaving the comfort of my parent’s home? Maybe, or maybe not. I have an awful lot of work to do at the place and it is very overwhelming. I go over there and look at everything that needs to be done and it makes me sick. My work is never ending. Most of it can be done while I live there. I just have a few humps to cross before I can move in though. The TOXIC mold living in one of the rooms is one of them, the leaking the roof that makes it feel like it is raining is the other. The leak is so bad it is almost like the rain skips the clouds and land directly on my floor. This is the third problem. There is soggy wood all over in that room.
My house is not the only change in my life. I am now engaged to a beautiful woman. She is amazing. She gives me the strength to work my ass off to get where we need to be so we can soon move into the house. With her by my side I feel like I can tackle any obstacle. My vow before was silly. I see that now. Maybe it was good for that part of my life. I think I learned a thing or two.
Now, right here, right now, I have a new direction. I have a new purpose. I just haven’t figured it out yet.
I think that is why I’m back to The Adventures of SMEE …
Ok that was way cheesy…

No comments:

Post a Comment